Best Drift Trike Australia
Drift trikes are such great fun, so it’s understandable that you’re excited to find yourself (or your kid) the best shiny trike out there.
But if you don’t know what kind of product or specific parts you’re looking for in a drift trike, you might end up buying a cheap knock-off that’s made of poor-quality materials.
Not only will a tricycle like that break before you know it, but it might even be dangerous as well. And at the end of the day, you want to feel safe while you or your child rides that trike!
So that’s why we’ve thoroughly reviewed and tested the best drift trikes in Australia right now, and listed them in this short guide below. Ready to find out?
Top 3: Best drift trike brands and models of 2020
There are so many different types of drift trike brands and models on the market today. Choosing the one that’s right for you (or your kid) can be difficult.
That’s why we’ve included some helpful tips and guidelines for you at the bottom of this article. So you know exactly what features and benefits to look for.
Of course, you can also save yourself the time and research and straight away pick one of the three best drift trikes for sale as listed below.
Good luck choosing your perfect new drift trike!
1. Razor DXT Drift Trike (Best Choice)
- Frame material: Aluminium
- Weight: 8.8 kilograms
- Colours available: Yellow
- Features: Suitable for teenagers and adults, strong frame, Super Slider POM rear wheels, pro-style grips, front alloy V brake, adjustable seat
The Razor DTX Drift Trike is the best choice overall. It is suitable for anyone aged 14 or up, and we can assure you it’s fun for people of all ages!
One of the main benefits of this drift tricycle is the robust and durable construction. You can straight away feel it’s really made for action on the road, ready for heavy drifting or throwing some fishtails!
It comes with an adjustable bucket-style seat for comfort and pro-style grips so your hands don’t slide off the handlebars while drifting.
Other benefits include the BMX-style platform pedals at the front for maximum impact and the front alloy V brake for when that maximum pedalling power is getting a bit too quick.
Who is it made for?
Anyone over the age of 14, which makes this drift trike a great choice for both young and old.
- Frame material: Alloy Steel
- Weight: 15 kilograms
- Colours available: Green
- Features: Comfortable seat with back support, hands-free steering, wired hand brake, comes with 9″ extension to allow for longer legs
The EzyRoller New Pro-X Ride On was a strong contester for the first place as well. The first thing you’ll notice about the EzyRoller drift trike is how it doesn’t have any pedals or steering wheel!
Instead, this trike comes with a fun (and engaging!) hands-free steering and motion system. This means you have your hands free while riding, which opens up loads of play options.
Just imagine a cool game of drift trike tag, or shooting hoops from your trike!
Another added bonus of the special motion system is that riding your EzyRoller counts as a great exercise for your legs!
The trike further comes with a very comfortable, large seat with back support for comfy gliding, a wired hand brake for safety, and an easy-to-install 9″ extension to allow for longer legs.
Who is it made for?
The manufacturer notes this drift trike is suitable for anybody aged 10 or older. Due to the large seat, it is also often used by parents holding a small child in front of them. This makes it truly a trike for the whole family!
- Frame material: Abs
- Weight: 17.5 kilograms
- Colours available: White
- Features: Motorised drift trike with an easy two-gear speed control system, seat belt, large steering wheel
Say hello to the future! The Tribby Electric Kids Drift Trike stands out with a beautiful, slick design. The design also doesn’t contain any sharp edges, which makes it safer for your kid to play with.
The battery-powered motor on this motorised drift trike allows your kid to ride in two different gears, making it fun for both younger and older children. It further comes with a seatbelt for extra safety and a large steering wheel for a firm grip while drifting.
Who is it made for?
This electric trike is for children only, so no adult’s allowed on this one! Aside from that, the manufacturer doesn’t specify a specific age range for it.
How to find the best drift trikes
Finding the right drift trike for you or your little one can be difficult. Here’s some information on a few things to look for in a good-quality drift trike.
Although drift triking is a lot of fun, you do need to make sure you stay safe while drifting. Now just like with skateboarding or cycling, the sport is really as dangerous as the driver decides to make it.
So here are a few safety tips:
- Buy a drift trike from a reputable company, like the ones mentioned in this article. That way, you have a guarantee that you’re purchasing a high-quality product that meets standard safety regulations and guidelines.
- Don’t try and build a trike yourself (or modify a shop-bought trike) as this has let to serious accidents in the past (1).
- Night riding or riding on the road can be not only dangerous but illegal as well, depending on where you live (2).
- Look for added safety features to the trike, like a seatbelt, a strong frame made from quality material, a brake system, and a good grip on handlebars/steering wheel.
Some drift trikes are made for children only, while others are aimed at teenagers and adults. Who they’re for really changes what they are (and should be) capable of.
A trike geared to older children or adults needs to be a lot more sturdy than a kiddie trike because it needs to be able to handle faster speed, more weight, and rougher drifting action.
Trikes for children, on the other hand, can lack sturdiness as it’s less necessary, but you might want more safety features (like a seatbelt).
- Man loses leg on home-made ‘Drift Trike’. Retrieved from: https://idahonews.com/news/local/man-loses-leg-on-drift-trike-vows-to-ride-again.
- Trike riders drift onto the wrong side of the law. Retrieved from: https://au.news.yahoo.com/fo7-trike-drifting-latest-extreme-104131664.html.